Thursday, January 14, 2021

Yotta Yotta Yotta


The most personal device - Researchers probe how much psychological data smartphones generate
Jul 2020, phys.org

Your data is making me rich. 

Here's some of what I get from your identity-specific data collection device: communication patterns, social behavior and mobility, choice and consumption of music, selection of apps used, temporal distribution of phone usage throughout the day.

Granted, I will need a supercomputer to build and train my robot, but once I'm done, I can narrow down your Big 5, and sell you a vacuum, or a candidate. Maybe. But I do know who you are, maybe better than you do. 

Self-reported extraversion signals come from your social patterns, your degree of  conscientiousness can be seen in the timing of your daily rhythms, and to know if you score high on "openness" we needs lots and lots of random datapoints, like yottas of data. So thanks. 

Also:

Zeptoseconds - New world record in short time measurement
Oct 2020, phys.org

No comments:

Post a Comment