Sunday, July 8, 2018

Seeing Through


When I read someone call it the Google Maps of the Human Body, I was hooked.

I totally inadvertently found this while searching for cool-looking body images for another post. I'll remind folks that it is NOT because of Google's intellectual property nudging practices that I follow my selected images back to their source. Nonetheless, in this case, I was glad I did.

BioDigital: 3D Human Visualization Platform for Anatomy and Disease
is an endless source of awesome images of the body and everything in it, as seen through the eyes of an x-ray visionary. WIRED calls it a digital revolution of how we study anatomy.

It's a cloud based virtual body that you can explore. Granted, it's primarily for medical applications, but that doesn't mean the average person with a body can't poke around and see what's inside themselves.

Post Script

Let's not forget, however, the OG see-thru pioneer: Alex Grey


No comments:

Post a Comment